We continue on with our backyard makeovers (courtesy of Peggy Wang / BuzzFeed), with numbers 11-20. We’ve actually tried #16 in our backyard with the kids and it’s a blast. Be careful of slippery stairs though (my daughter slipped off and bruised her knee!). Enjoy ……
11. The sedum sarmentosum plant makes a fast-growing ground cover.
In June, it grows tiny yellow flowers!
12. Get some rainbow fire crystals for your fire pit.
At $14.95 for a pack of two, these are pretty enough to be worth it if you’re having people over.
13. Put some stakes in the ground to make a lounging trio of hammocks.
14. Reuse those wooden stakes to create the most epic game of Scrabble ever.
15. Make a giant outdoor water bed for the kids.
Your kids will love it, I promise. Get the directions here.
16. A tarp and sprinkler will create a fun splash pad for a slide.
The sprinkler keeps the tarp wet for a full day of fun splashing.
17. Tie rope between trees to create a fun obstacle course for the kids.
18. Use glow necklaces and glow bracelets for a few rounds of night time ring toss.
19. Break glow sticks into bottles of water for some nighttime lawn bowling action.