Can’t afford that dream deck or in-ground pool you’re dying for? There are still ways to get a beautiful backyard that’s perfect for entertaining. Peggy Wang, from Buzzfeed offers 51 creative, genius ways to give our backyard a summertime spruce. This week, I offer up numbers 1-10. I am definitely interested in #10. Stay tuned as we count them down ….
1. Plant lemongrass as a natural way to keep mosquitoes away.
parcourir ce site web Buy a mature plant from an Asian market or grocery store. When you get it home, trim the tops of the plant and remove any dead parts. Plant it in a clear jar of water and place on a sunny windowsill. Within a few weeks, it will develop roots and can be transplanted to your garden.
2. Rinse your dirty feet off in a waterproof frame filled with flat stones.
The flat stones will feel so good on your feet!
3. Replace the light bulbs in an old chandelier with inexpensive solar lights. Hang it from a tree branch.
You’ll have gorgeous outdoor lighting without having to provide electricity.
4. Put mirrors up on your fence to make the yard look bigger.
Find out how to make this upcycled one from old windows.
5. Or make some mirrored lawn ornaments by spraying different sized orbs with looking glass spray paint.
You can actually buy the orbs here, or try DIYing your own.
7. It only takes about 20 minutes to make this skateboard swing.
See how they did this here.
8. A pallet and some rope makes a multi-person swing.
9. Make your own rock climbing wall.
See how she did this here using wall grips purchased from eBay.
10. Coat planters with glow-in-the-dark paint for instant night lighting.